Tuesday 16 October 2012

CRAFTS: Cushions from Tea Towels

So, a non-baking post! My other passion is CRAFTS!

My wonderful sister-in-law (she was MY friend first!) taught me how to do this (she is MUCH better at making than me!)...

Take a pretty tea towel - it is best if it has an all-over pattern, or a nice singular pattern that doesn't reach too high up the tea towel. Measure a square, starting at the bottom, and fold the top flap down, RIGHT sides together, leaving a square, with a flap covering the pattern slightly. Cut a plain piece of cotton to about the same width as the square (a bit bigger), but not as tall. Pin this, right sides together, then sew down from the top right hand corner down, across the bottom and up the other side. Don't sew the top!! Then turn it inside-out and VOILA - a very quick and lovely cushion cover!

Here are a few I have made...













No comments:

Post a Comment